Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tip for the Day: Full Factor

Now that keeping the food diary is becoming more of a habit, I've been looking for ways to better what and when I'm eating. One thing that I'm going to be focusing on is my full factor. Before eating I mentally ask myself, "How hungry do I feel right now?" Then as I'm eating, about half way through the meal I'll put my utensils down, take a breath and ask myself, "How full do I fell right now?" Now remember it take around 20 minutes for your stomach to register what you've eaten so when for me, if I feel semi full I try to say enough is enough and be done with it. If I'm still feeling somewhat hungry then I'll eat more.

The goal here, my friends, is not to finish still feeling hungry or feeling stuffed to the gills. The goal is to feel satisfied. Part of that also comes from what you're eating, but we'll talk about that on another day, ok? Then throughout the day I keep asking myself how hungry I am. Can you tell I think about food a lot? If I'm feeling hungry I reach for a few mini rice cakes n cottage cheese or something equally delicious. (I know, I know. I just heard a few of you gag, but I like rice cakes!)

As you're going through your day and while you're eating think about your Full Factor and try to respond accordingly. Are there any other little tips that help you think about your full factor?

~Chellor

1 comment:

  1. I try to eat a small snack every few hours. That helps me so I don't get starving and I don't end up going crazy and eating everything in sight and feeling stuffed. It works for me!

    ReplyDelete